No internet at home so sneakily spewing this out at work! I got this from my pal Trish.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
- Competed in a kickboxing tournament (v. unsuccessfully)
- became a UK citizen
- went on the telly
- grew tomatoes and salad leaves
- bought a house.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next this year?
I resolved to 1) exercise 20 mins a day 2) write down what I eat 3) internet curfew of 10.30pm. About 37% success. My resolution for 2010 is to do more stuff that I enjoy. That is all.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My foxy work colleague, Lorraine.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My great uncle Gordon passed away. He was a lovely man.
5. What countries did you visit?
Australia and USA
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A clearer mind!
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Thursday 22 January. Last day in New York. Killer cookie from Levain Bakery.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Ignoring my health.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
The big D.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
iStuff 808 Bass Sound Isolating Earphones – only £16.99 to totally drown out snotty noses and rubbish banter on public transport! I heartily endorse!
12. Where did most of your money go?
Airfares to Australia and deposit for Crooked House.
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The sausage and onion pie from SimpleSimon Pies.
14. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Hocus Pocus. Gareth dragged me along to a Focus gig – Dutch prog yodelling ahoy.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
I was sadder, but I’m doing something about it, so much happier now!
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Poorer by choice, due to mortgage shackles.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
- Look after my mental health.
- Fun outings with Dr G.
- Travel. I’ve not been anywhere in Europe since 2007! (shitey work trip doesn’t count 🙂
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying about what other people think.
18. How will you spend Christmas?
Rhi and the in-laws are coming to Crooked House! There will be feasting and port.
19. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yes, with my cherry tomatoes! And more in love with Dr G. We have both had a real stinker of a 2009 in many respects but we kept each other trucking along.
20. What was your favourite TV program?
The Thick of It.
21. What was the best book you read?
Forest for the Trees by Betsy Lerner
22. What was your favourite film of this year?
Didn’t see too many good films, but some oldies I saw for the first time and loved were Blade Runner and The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went to the BBC Good Food Show in Glasgow then I scrubbed the walls of our putrid house. I turned 32.
24. What kept you sane?
25. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Peter Capaldi. Loved him shouty sweary on The Thick Of It and loved him rambling on as he drew little sketches on that documentary about Scottish art.
26. Who did you miss?
Everyone in Australia, especially Peita, Jane and Jen Dog.
27. Who was the best new person you met?
My blog friend Alison, a sage and hilarious arsekicker 🙂
Happy Holidays to all you groovy groovers out there!