Here’s the second annual Review Thingo! See also 2009 answers.
1. What did you do this year that you’d never done before?
A low key kind of year to be honest.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next this year?
From 2009 Review Thingo – My resolution for 2010 is to do more stuff that I enjoy. That is all. Success! Aim low, hit target. Definitely made time to do more stuff that I enjoy. Also ate more stuff that I enjoyed. Just too bloody much!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but 95% of my lady friends got pregnant!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. Unless you count Peter Pan the sponsor dog!
5. What countries did you visit?
Italy, France and USA.
6. What would you like to have next year that you lacked in this one?
Focus, drive and, self-belief and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
7. What dates from this year will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
That San Francisco Saturday with Jillian & Greg. Sushi, booze, cards, brief sail on the bay.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Pretty lame old year in the field of achievement. Hosting the cupcake party, I’ll say, for sheer joy of it.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Being reactive rather than proactive.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Continued Big D and six separate colds. Did not eat enough veggies this year it seems.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Bargain spinning bike so we can exercise indoors when the weather is shithouse.
12. Where did most of your money go?
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Wallander! I got just a wee bit obsessive about this Swedish detective and his various incarnations on the telly.
14. What song will always remind you of this year?
All the songs on Dusty Live From Memphis.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
b) thinner or fatter?
Fatter, again. Obviously did not do enough about it!
c) richer or poorer?
About the same!
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Panicking. Overeating. Excuse making.
18. How will you spend Christmas?
Rhi and the in-laws came to Crooked House again. It was even better this year thanks to better planning and advance preparation. The timings of the food were perfect on the big day, too. I dunno why that gives me such pleasure. Also: provided entertainment this year in the form of Billionaire card game. So much fun.
19. Did you fall in love this year?
Still diggin’ the G Man.
20. What was your favorite TV program?
21. What was the best book you read?
A Tree Grows In Brooklyn by Betty Smith
22. What was your favorite film of this year?
Only saw Inception (nae bad) and Sex and the City 2 (urgh) at the cinema. Favourite LoveFilm rental was Etre et Avoir and also finally saw Gladiator which was ace.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went to work! But the weekend before I had a spa day, dinner with the inlaws at a great pub, and dinner at Chop Chop with Rhi and Dr G. Was 33.
24. What kept you sane?
25. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Was a pretty quiet year on the celebrity crush front. Quite fancied Don Draper for awhile there but it’s on the wane.
26. Who did you miss?
Everyone in Australia, again!
27. Who was the best new person you met?
A whole tribe of Girl Geeks.