It’s been a good six months since I’ve put my fuschia pink pimp hat on, but with Spring cranking up it’s time to talk Up & Running!
This week we launched Up & Moving, the course I’ve been busting to create since we started U&R three years ago. We’ve had so many requests for a step between the couch and the 5K Course. Plus, as one with a dodgy knee, I’ve kinda had “course envy” and wished there was something I could properly join!
Also, I’ve never forgotten how I felt back in 2001 when I started out getting healthier. I was overwhelmed, intimidated and had no idea where to start with exercise. I wanted guidance, but didn’t feel ready for gyms or trainers.
So we created something for absolute beginners, for fitness comebacks, for the dodgy of knee, and/or for those who just love structure and a solid plan to follow. Then we chucked in Julia’s expert coaching, plus bucketloads of support and motivational tools.
Up & Moving is a six-week self-paced course, so you can adapt the plans to where you are at – as you are, right now – and go at a pace that works for you. It combines walking with basic resistance training with easy-to-find household objects.
I road tested the plans last autumn. I’d been stuffing around with my health for YONKS and could not seem to get any momentum going. But six weeks of obeying these plans helped me find my groove again. I’ve consistently walked and weight trained for months now, and more recently the momentum spilled over into finally getting my healthy eating house back in order. Baby steps add up, after all!
If Up & Moving sounds like a good fit for you, you can read more about it right here.
Now, giveaway time!
- unlimited support from coach Julia Jones, for all your questions – no question is too big or small!
- an eight week training plan, tried & tested with 1000s of runners around the globe
- a daily blog chock full of support materials, like running techniques, drills and inspiring videos
- access to our private community forum with your fellow Movers/runners
I’m giving away five free places, with the winner choosing the course they’d like to do. All you have to do is leave a comment on this blog post and tell me, If you had to move to a town or city of a television show or film, which one would it be? (And optionally, which characters would you hang with?)
(Yeah I am still on that Friday Night Lights bender!)
- Entries close 11PM GMT on Wednesday 5 March.
- There will be five winners and they have their choice of Up & Moving, 5K or 10K courses.
- The winner can gift the prize to a friend, so you can enter if you want to surprise a friend.
- Winners will be randomly selected.
- Winners can be from anywhere in the world. Previous winners are eligible to enter again. Remember the Courses are for women only.